Saturday, July 2, 2011

My American Vacation, Part 2: The Wedding and Philly

The actual justifiable reason for my month long vacation was my close cousin Tristan’s wedding to his wonderful fiancé Naomi with whom he has been in a relationship for 7-8 years. Tristan is almost perfectly spaced between me and my older brother (I’m 24, he is 28, my brother is 31), so naturally when we are around each other we interact like brothers. He’s intellectual and worldly so we have great conversation and interaction. His fiancé has a wonderful sense of humour and culture about her along with a very enthusiastic personality. The couple interacted just like best friends and I think they have something that will last. So I felt I needed to attend this once-in-a-lifetime event. Even if that mean spending over 1.5 months Malaysian pay for plane tickets, and another month’s pay for spending money total for my American vacation. So I rode down to Philadelphia from New York with a few of the groomsmen in the wedding; from the interaction during the ride, I knew it would be a fun time around all the characters. I came into town the day of the bachelor party and related functions. The comedic interaction between everyone was priceless all night; the drinking and the “festivities” of the night made it even funnier; I won’t go into detail about the night’s goings-ons, part of the man code. The wedding itself was beautiful, it took place at an old mansion site. The actual backdrop for the ceremony was a lake back behind the flower-covered structure that the wedding party stood at. It was beautiful. The groomsmen all came out in shades. My little cousin Merv, the groom's little brother, is 21 and had a Kool-Aid smile walking down the aisle with a much older and very attractive bridesmaid. The reception was very nice also. After the eating was over, it turned into an open bar party event, which was fly. You saw some ppl who had previously kept refined come out of their shell on the dance floor after about drink 3. Danielle, the bride's energetic cousin from Atlanta, and G, the groomsman with the braids pictured, stole the show on the dance floor. G's smoothness crept up on a handful of different women as the night went on. Danielle hit the dance floor with the enthusiasm of Diamond Princess from Crime Mob (it's a young ppl reference, if u don't know who that is, don't sweat it). Watching my retired Air Force Lt. Col father dance is also entertaining whenever I see it. It made for an interesting night. Despite the financial turmoil that the trip has put me in for the next month and change, it was worth it. I love my family. I hope they enjoy the honeymoon in St. Martins...and my Asian wedding gifts. Enjoy the pictures below.

















No comments:

Post a Comment